[Gllug] Windows 98 + Samba + Linux Printer ?

George guirguis at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 3 19:45:09 UTC 2001

> What you want is definitely achievable, but without       > more info on
your config, I couldn't begin to guess at
> what's going wrong

Ok well firstly, there are 3 computers on the network at 100mbps. There is a
linux server connected in parallel to the printer. There is a linux (laptop)
workstation and and windows box aswell.

My config is really screwed anyhoo, so i think i'll start from scratch. If i
wanted the windows print requests to be forwarded to the printer raw (forget
about the linux wstation for now) what should i use : CUPS, LPD, PDQ ?
(which is best for learning) and what should my /etc/printcap looklike. By
the way I have an non-postscript Epson Colour Styles 670.

Thanks
George

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk