[Gllug] Opinions on Smoothwall and other firewalls

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Thu Oct 11 16:06:11 UTC 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Simon Stewart wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 04:12:22PM +0100, gllug at codex.net wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Simon Stewart wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps setting the BSD box to do transparent filtering? Very funky,
> > > and a devil to try and crack. No pun intended.
> >
> > do you have any links detailiing how to easily achieve this?
>
> There's some information in the IPFilter HOWTO. There's a mirror at:
>
> http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/ipf-howto.html#TOC_49
>
> and there's the "Invisible Firewall HOWTO" at
>
> http://www.openlysecure.org/openbsd/how-to/invisible_firewall.html

cheers for that.  for some reason my hang over[1] appears to be impeaching
on my ability to perform cognitive processing.  but i did find the
following quite interesting:

http://guides.gnusecurity.org/firewall/ipf/howto-fun.html

-vince

[1] not quite so much a hang over, but an inability to explain the bruises
and pains that i seem to have suffered sometime between this morning, and
last night...

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk