[Gllug] Distribution Pecking Order So far

Dylan dylan at shinyboots.org.uk
Tue Oct 23 19:10:20 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 23 October 2001 15:08, you wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The score so far on the distribution front. I am also collating a list of
> the names of who is using what so that it may be handy if you are ever
> looking for specific advice about something. I will post it later. So get
> writing to me and let me know what you are using.
>
> Red Hat	5
> Debian	4
> Mandrake	3
> Open BSD	3
> Solaris	2
> Suse		1
> DG/UX	1
> Free BSD	1
> Net BSD	1
> SCO		1
> MS		0

At home (SOHO)

5* SuSE 7.1 (hopefully higher soon)
1* Win98 desktop (for IE website testing and downloading pictures from camera
at useful speed - can anyone tell me how to get a USB camera working on
Linux...? - and sundry other tasks I can't (yet) get Linux to do for me
[humph])
1* Win95 laptop (Win98 makes it crash, linus (3 different distros) went belly
up during install [ ho hum] )

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk