[Gllug] On Linux desktops...

mike mike at redtux.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 03:27:39 UTC 2001

OK

My considsered opinion on the whole subject (people who know me know my
views on this)

1. User Interface

A good UI does not equal neccessarily a GUI - back in the days when I
had a job (boo hoo) I remember wasting loads of time on tasks when I was
still thinking in a windows as opposed to a Unix mindset (think grep as
opposed to MS find). When I got out of the habit it was far quicker to
do my work.

As regards GUI interfaces/innovation if someone knows a better interface
for web browsing than galeon (gpl based on moz) I have yet to see it. In
fact a lot of galeon stuff has now come into main mozilla.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk