[Gllug] Fight! Fight! Fight!

matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk matthew at thenut.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 20:21:41 UTC 2001

On 11 Oct, Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Simon Rumble spake:
>> It would be a very easy task to unify the UI for a small number of
>> common desktop apps: email, word processor, spreadsheet, browser.
>
> Emacs has all of those (yes, really). And it can send mail and (out of
> the box) order you a coke (although I don't think it can make you a
> coffee).
>
> I don't think that's quite what you mean, though.

Actually it looks like it is, emacs and contained applications do have
the same/a very similar UI. Just because it's not a friendly UI
doesn't mean it's not a UI.

Also, depending on your definition of graphics, it may be possible to
call it a GUI.

Matthew

--
GIT/CM/M d++ s++:- a-->? C++++ UL++++ P++ L+++ E W-- N+ o? K++ w---
O-- M-- V? PS+>++ PE Y+>++ PGP++>+++ t+ 5-- X+ R tv- b++@ DI++++ D++