Bill's P200 (was: [Gllug] ADSL recommendations )

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Thu Oct 11 11:10:38 UTC 2001

Try Graeme at www.chuckaduck.co.uk he is cheaper than morgans, gives a
three months warrantee and likes Linux people.  I mention that he likes
Linux people because I bought a DEC server off him and he gave it to me
for a better price than advertised when I ask intelligent questions
about the RAID card and told him what I wanted to do with it.  He was
happy that I new enough about what I was doing that I wouldn't give him
any grief on setting it up etc so dropped the price, plus he delivered
it to me since he was coming out my way (saving me another £50), nice
guy to deal with.

RE: ADSL suppliers, I was told BT-OW blocks some ports and you go
through their web proxy, don't know how true this is I ended up
cancelling on them since they screwed me round so much.  Mailbox give
you an IP and everything is open, have had no problems accessing boxes
here at home from outside world, and will soon be running our
development server on it.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk