[Gllug] ADSL recommendations

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Oct 11 10:38:26 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 01:12:30AM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> I must say, I hardly see anyone bragging of ISDN her in this country,
> although I don't think I know anyone back home that doesn't have it. I
> think Norway/Sweden are a bit more on the edge communicatively. Or so it
> seems to me at least. YMMV.

It's because the ludicrous charges that BT make on ISDN lines
(certainly when ISDN was the only not narrow-band connection) made
getting online as a personal user prohibitively expensive.

"Broadband Britain" my arse.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I think i'll take my girlfriend to vegas for a win'98 burn/upgrade...."
        -- Megahal (trained on asr), 1998-11-06

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk