[Gllug] NTL wireless broadband

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Fri Oct 5 14:32:49 UTC 2001

They are apparently about to put a web site up. I applied for the trial a
couple of months ago, heard nothing for ages, then a few weeks ago heard
that I had apparently been accepted for the trial and installers would
call. Nothing else happened, then I heard from them again a couple of days
ago, with a message including the following:-

"If you are in the following
post code areas, you are serviceable now:
W10, W11, W12, W9, W14, W6, W4, SW6, SW13, SW15, SW14, TW9, TW1, TW7 W6,
W14, W8, SW5, SW7, SW3, SW1, SW10, SW6. SW11, SW8, SW4, SW9, SW2, SW12"

Of course, I'm not in any of those postcode areas, just outside, but they
do say that they will still allow me to trial the service for at least 2
months once they have service in my postcode area in a month or so's time.

They included a phone number to call to arrange installation if you were in
those areas and had already been accepted for trial, but I'm not sure I
should post it to the list?...

It all seems pretty poorly organised, but I guess if anyone is in these
areas at the moment with a wireless card, they might be able to pick up
some frequencies somewhere anyway, who knows how secure it is...

All good fun...

Jake.

--On 05 October 2001 12:46 +0100
--John Hearns apparently said about the subject "[Gllug] NTL wireless
broadband":

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk