[Gllug] Nothing Simple

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Oct 31 15:36:50 UTC 2001

On 10/31/01, 3:13:39 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding RE: [Gllug] Nothing Simple:

> I think it is TWM and clicking on the mouse brings up a menu with a few
> limited choices.

If you want to show off a range of different window managers, here is my
recommendation:

Delete anything in your home directory that looks like .Xclients or
.xinitrc .wm_style.  Then make sure you have either kdm (KDE X-login
daemon) or gdm (Gnome X-login daemon) installed.  Then change to runlevel
5.  If Red Hat have done a proper job of configuring kdm and gdm, then
they should offer you a choice of window-managers at login.  If this
turns out to be difficult, just create several different accounts and
give each one a seperate default wm.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk