[Gllug] [OT]: Great Dancing Competition, 2001

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Oct 9 09:39:29 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:32:17PM +0100, David Irvine wrote:
> Simon Stewart wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:33:10AM +0100, David Irvine wrote:
> >

> >>Can we get dance tuition at aforementioned competition? That I  would
> >>be interested in.
> >>

> >I fear that we should really attempt to go on natural talent and
> >commitment. Perhaps a booby prize for the runners up could be leading
> >a swift dance BOF meet afterwards? :)
> >
> My  fear is that there will  be a distinct lack of natural talent  this
> is  certainly  the case for myself. :D

Have no fear, you wouldn't be alone there. The idea was based on a
pubtime discussion that I had with one of my friends, who was
convinced that being a geek meant that you had to forego the ability
to dance. Clearly, a gross over-generalisation.

> >>D (Suffering from the effect of 3 ?*Killer* fish bowls)
> >>
> >You get attacked by goldfish? You must have said something really
> >offensive to get them riled up enough to lob bowls at you in the 30
> >seconds that they have to remember that they're narked at you....[1]
> >

> Fish  bowl: An assortment of 10 or so measures of spirits  in a bowl
> resembling a fish  bowl, add a  dash of lime, some ice, various cordials
> and some lemonade and a few straws then serve.
>
> Killer fish bowl: What you get  when you know the bartender.  Contrains

I hope you shared with the other children, because otherwise casualty
wouldn't have been very pleased to see you[1]. Nice to hear you looked
after yourself by using "non-plastic" straws, though.

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Trust me. I know.

--
Real Programmers don't write in FORTRAN.  FORTRAN is for pipe stress
freaks and crystallography weenies.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk