[Gllug] Proxy awareness campaign

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Wed Oct 17 10:16:57 UTC 2001

Hi,

Well that is why I would call it an awareness campaign more than an
"anti-proxy" campaign. I know there is a lot of strong anti-proxy feeling
and I am more than aware that the theory of proxies is extremely good.

People just need to know a) that they have a connection which uses a proxy
and b) about some of the problems this can cause in the real world (at the
moment at least).

That said, ever increasing bandwidth demands should (and do) surely
decrease the costs of bandwidth, and help speed up the installation of
better and faster connections around the world. If proxy servers are
stopping this progress, there is an another argument against them! (oops,
sorry, I'm not against them honest guv...)

Jake.

--On 17 October 2001 10:56 +0100
--Alex Hudson apparently said about the subject "Re: [Gllug] Proxy
awareness campaign":

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk