[Gllug] DVD -> DiVX converters?

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Fri Oct 12 21:20:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get ANY of the DVD -> DiVX converters apps to
> compile?  Spent far to many hours last night installing various
> Gnome library sources and stuff only to have the compile not work :(
>
> Anyone know of a Deb package?  Wanna compile me a statically linked
> one?

yes, i certainly have.
compiled up transcode, with the latest CVS version of everything it
requires to compile, and as long as the sun is in orion, and the moon is
in the sink, and fingers crossed, it might actually work.

i spent a couple days off and on making all this work, and eventually it
did, takes a while to get the bitrate right.  and for me at least, the
audio wasnt quite in synch with the video.

have a look at the following:
http://www.gwdg.de/~toestre1/transcode/

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc