[Gllug] Nothing Simple

Andy Loates andy at the-bizz.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:07:51 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 4:09pm Harry Jackson wrote

>The mouse has definitely gone tits up and decides that the top right
>hand side of the screen is the place for it to be, permanent! piss off,
>leave an overworked mouse alone. This is no fun when you are shit with a
>keyboard and have tried all the obvious ways to get the focus on a window
(I
>know alt tab but how do you start the shell or get to the bottom bar I also
>know ctrl esc its just a pain) with no joy the best of which was when I
>tried failsafe and I could not get to the command prompt, yes it was safe
>alright it was safe because I could not get to it.

I had a similar problem recently when re-installing RH 7.1  Set mouse type
to Microsoft Intellimouse with wheel. Mouse then p***ed off to the top of
the screen like yours. Solved the problem by Alt-Del-Backspace to get back
to Text Term, started install again and set mouse type to Generic 3 Button
with emulate three button mouse not set. Cant use the wheel but rarely have
a use for it anyway.

>Hardware is a basic PIII 500 with 256mRam and Omnicube KVM!!!!!! (Could
this
>be the mouse problem)

I use an Omnicube KVM 2-Port and it works fine except that every now and
again the pointer statrs to slowly walk up or down the screen on its own.
There's no pattern to this so I assume it's a small fault in the unit.

Hope this helps

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk