[Gllug] EU says 'oui' to spam

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Tue Oct 23 18:29:44 UTC 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 axel.segebrecht at gardeneden.net wrote:

> I am really pissed off with people sending me spam
> and this is just one heck of a good reason not to
> use any email at all (um- ok, maybe a small address
> hidden away somewhere for GLLUG:)
>
> ...wondering what (if anything) we can do about it?

we could always implement an email filtering system, that will only allow
you to receive email from known people.  could use PGP signed messages,
anything which you dont already have configured just gets returned to
sender.  hell it seems like this'll brake RFC compliance (probably, just a
guess), but then the standards arent quite working the way we would like,
and hence need rectifying.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk