[Gllug] EZ-Jackster

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 20:45:16 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 23 Oct 2001 15:29 pm, dankolb at ox.compsoc.netwrote:-
>Anyway, without flash the site is completely useless. Hmmm....wasn't
>there an American Law that says web sites must be accessible to disabled
>people?

Why does a web-site that is only useful using Flash fall foul of regulations
designed to bring equality to people with disabilities? Just wondered, only
all the websites that allow for online verifiable CPD in my line of work all
require IE, Windows and flash. When I bring this (discrimination against
users of other browsers / operating systems), as I intend to do, the rights
of disabled people may have more of an impact than simply "I prefer to use
Linux".
Regards from Mark Preston
1 RedHat
1 Mandrake