[Gllug] [OT] Eating in London

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Tue Oct 30 14:20:00 UTC 2001

The grotty looking veggie indian restaurant in Chapel Market, Islington.
This has an all you can eat lunch for £3.50 and they also have a good range
of bottled beers. I don't normally like veggie food but this is good stuff.

Robin

I'll kick it off with two that are pretty good.

- The noodle bar at Elephant & Castle - food as good as the stuff in the
West End (Satsuma springs to mind) at a fraction of the cost - get there
earlier for better food, monstrous portions any time.
- '[The Original] Lahore Kebab House' - just off Commercial Rd near
Whitechapel. Reasonable prices, basic service, BYOG, eat the lamb chops.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk