[Gllug] [OT]updating red hat

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 30 14:10:51 UTC 2001

WAYYYYYYY OFF TOPIC!!!

RELEVANT TO NERDS IN LONDON - NOT LINUX SPECIFIC

I'm curious to find people's recommendations about the better eateries in
London.

So far it's clear that price has very little to offer so far as an
indication of the dining/face stuffing experience; so I'm going to give
personal recommendations a shot. So far personal recommendations have given
me some grief too, so a short quick justification would be nice.

I'll kick it off with two that are pretty good.

- The noodle bar at Elephant & Castle - food as good as the stuff in the
West End (Satsuma springs to mind) at a fraction of the cost - get there
earlier for better food, monstrous portions any time.
- '[The Original] Lahore Kebab House' - just off Commercial Rd near
Whitechapel. Reasonable prices, basic service, BYOG, eat the lamb chops.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk