[Gllug] Cyrus IMAP delivery

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 14:40:08 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 15:27, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I get the following error everytime I try to admin a vanilla install of
> Cyrus on RH7.1.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, I have done the obligatory search on Google
> and the red hat site - but come up empty.
>

> [root at tel /root]# !cyradm
> cyradm -user cyrus localhost
> IMAP Password:Login failed: generic failure at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 78
> cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
> [root at tel /root]#

Here's where I come clean.
I spent a pleasant afternoon last week,
fighting a similar imap problem.
Every tine I tried to run cyradm, it just spat back at me.
Looked through every configuration I could think of.
Turns out that inetd wasn't switched on..
(insert donkey braying noises)
Im my defence, it was a SuSE machine, and I HAD been fooling
with Yast.
Once inetd was started, then it started working again.

Xander, are you sure that imap is in the xinetd configuration?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk