[Gllug] Cyrus IMAP delivery

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 14:27:31 UTC 2001

John Hearns wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 14:47, matthew.king at gardeneden.net wrote:
>

>>Does anyone either know how to get delivery to work, or know where I
>>can read about how to do it?
>>
>>Cheers
>>

> One way you do the filtering is with your email client.
> So you set the filters up in Pine/Mozilla/Evolution  (whatever)
> and the client will read mail from the Inbox and filter it.
>
> That does have the drawback, which I suffer from, that every time you
> start using a new email client you have to put the filters in again...
>
> I just checked the Orielly 'Managing IMAP' book.
> It has a section on how to implement procmail with
> a cyrus server. Page 193 onwards.
>
> And, that's part of the sample chapter on the Oreilly site.
>

> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html#12777

I get the following error everytime I try to admin a vanilla install of
Cyrus on RH7.1.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have done the obligatory search on Google
and the red hat site - but come up empty.

[root at tel /root]# !cyradm
cyradm -user cyrus localhost
IMAP Password:Login failed: generic failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 78
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
[root at tel /root]#

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk