Bill's P200 (was: [Gllug] ADSL recommendations )

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 09:36:47 UTC 2001

Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:

>Bill <william at palfreman.com> wrote:
>
>>I bought a P200 with 64Mb RAM, a 2Gb disk, cdrom, PCI slots and _2
>>built-in USB ports_ for £80 recently.
>>

>Out of interest, WHERE? My brother (a postgrad student in Bangor, Wales) is currently getting in Linux and has installed Debian (console mode only) onto the old 486SX33 that was my first computer... but at that price he could afford to setup a home network! Come to think of it, at that price, I could afford to set up a home network...
>
>So, if it wasn't a once only, 'saw it in the paper' job, where can I find cheap old machines?

Not perhaps offering great deals,
but my favourite Morgans quite often sells off pentium base units.
These often look as if they are ex-company job lots, with the hard drives
wiped.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk

ps. for those of you who are looking at handhelds,
Morgans have the mono iPAQ for 200 pounds -
but be warned these 32Mbyte models are discontinued.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk