[Gllug] Amusing

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Mon Oct 29 11:57:12 UTC 2001

I have just snipped the following from an internal newsgroup about XP. Same
old rubbish.

The bit I found most amusing was that the reboots are quicker than Win2k!

Robin

-----

> Any view on this as I know someone who wastes time playing games and they
> want to know if it is a worthwhile step. So I said I would ask on behalf
of
> this friend.

I attempted to use XP Pro for my newly assembled PC for a LAN party I
hosted this weekend. Here are a few of the problems I had with it.

* The Asus GF3 drivers (12.x) are unstable (regular BSODs)
* The Asus GF3 monitoring and tweaking utilities don't work.
* Recent DetonatorXP drivers 21.x, upto 21.83 are unstable (regular
BSODs)
* No support for MS FF steering wheel.
* No CTRL+ALT+DEL dialog to rescue a locked fullscreen game
* Hearts doesn't do network games

The good parts:

* Reboots are quicker than Win2k
* Before BSODing, performance was awesome (this is a dual AthlonMP
1800+)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk