[Gllug] On Linux desktops...

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 09:40:12 UTC 2001

* mike <mike at redtux.demon.co.uk> [011018 04:19]:

> Assuming most people here have compiled a kernel - what is the
> difference in reality between menuconfig (curses/UI/Text) and xconfig
> (GUI) re: ease of use - AFAIK THERE IS IS NONE.

With make xconfig, options that are not available to you (due to other
selections) are visible, but inactive. With menuconfig, they aren't
visible at all.

A small thing, but I prefer xconfig as I can look at all the things that
a new kernel has added without having to enable all sorts of stuff just
to see the options....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk