[Gllug] SNMP network management

Hall RJ R.J.Hall at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 13:20:55 UTC 2001

Does anyone know of a good network monitoring piece of software like cheops
but also capable of SNMP and a bit more stable? I want to be able to see and
record service outages with the option for alarm events such as SMS mobile
alerts and also recover traffic information from SNMP capable devices.   I
gather that a piece of software called Mutiny will be released soon in
software form for academic use with the option of an apliance alternative.
I was wondering if there was any other alternatives.

Richard Hall
Systems Administrator
Information Security Group
Royal Holloway, University of London