[Gllug] Whinge

George F. Saxby george at gogointernet.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 10:10:28 UTC 2001

Matt,
 I have had this with NIC's in college machines.
Remove ALL the references under device mangler & in network neigh. properties
.. Shutdown the machine remove card reboot SEVERAL times then re-install the
card . Hopefully doze will find it install it once Providing you do not abort
at any time in the proceedure because it cannot find the driver some place.
 Sorry if this is teaching proverbial grandpa to suck eggs.

On Saturday 08 September 2001 21:52, your missive said : -
 > I have to cancel out of yet another discovery of my modem each time I boot
 > up windows. After installing the same modem with the same drivers from the
 > same CDROM on the same serial port, Windoze still insists that it has just
 > made a new discovery.
 >
 > Matt

cu
george
East of London Airport the world's busiest Airport
West of the World Famous Kew botanical Gardens & Steam Museum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk