[Gllug] Short tutorials?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Sep 4 18:58:24 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:44:33PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> One on networking - ports and all that,

I imagine that would be a quite short talk ;)

> and one on Grub - why its better than Lilo, and how to change over.

grub is ace. I have it here, booting Linux, HURD, and the filesystem stuff is cool. Although its ideas of numbers is completely wonky.

I wouldn't advocate people switching to it necessarily though - it's a pain in the arse to setup properly.

> These sessions very definitely aimed at the beginner - the more knowlegeable
> audience being encouraged to stay at the bar.

I vote chop the middle bit out. 'aimed at the beginner - audience being encouraged' etc.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk