[Gllug] Gllug is alive on IRC !

colin murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 00:39:36 UTC 2001

Chris Ball wrote:

> On 05 Sep 2001 22:43:15 -0400, colin murphy wrote:
> > And I'm sure it would have been all the more merry had I actually got to
> > register the room name before jo at usr142-har.blueyonder.co.uk so that we
> > can change the change the room title/topic to something more useful than
> > LART LART LART.  Emails to jo are bouncing by the way.  The room was
> > registered soon after I made the suggestion to use #gllug on OPN.  Are
> > the arch-ops (should they been known as that?) considerate of situations
> > like this?  Would they de-register the room?
>
> They could. Does it really matter what the topic is, and who has ops?

I wouldn't want ops to be restricted to just one person, and when Jo's
message bounced I feared that we may have lost full access to a useful
facility.  The topic wouldn't stop me from using it, but it may put
someone off if the topic is too wacky.

Anyhow, how does someone get ops status with the room populated but
unregistered?  How do I contact an arch-op???  /msg arch-op perhaps?

Colin.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk