[Gllug] Gllug is alive on IRC !

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Sep 6 20:51:11 UTC 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, colin murphy wrote:

> Chris Ball wrote:
> >
> > On 05 Sep 2001 22:43:15 -0400, colin murphy wrote:
> > > And I'm sure it would have been all the more merry had I actually got to
> > > register the room name before jo at usr142-har.blueyonder.co.uk so that we
> > > can change the change the room title/topic to something more useful than
> > > LART LART LART.  Emails to jo are bouncing by the way.  The room was
> > > registered soon after I made the suggestion to use #gllug on OPN.  Are
> > > the arch-ops (should they been known as that?) considerate of situations
> > > like this?  Would they de-register the room?

That email address isn't a real one.  What it is made up out of a telewest
modem address, specifically one from Harringay, where I live.  I've given
up on telewest/blueyonder now, (gone to BT) but if you can `host` a few
people's IP addresses on this list you should be able to find out who sent
it.  Basically, the Cable-London/Telewest/Blueyonder user who lives in
Harringay and isn't me.  Trace them and hassle them to change it.

--
W. Palfreman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk