[Gllug] New Microsoft Licencing scheme

Timothy Coggins tc at sonicated.com
Tue Sep 18 11:34:19 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 12:11, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> I remember reading through a M$ licence some time ago looking
> for changes between win 3.x and 95. there was an introduction
> of the line saying something like
> "microsoft reserves the right to extinguish any licence at any time"...
>
> will M$ extinguish all existing licences, and force users to upgrade
> (with or without a fee) to the new scheme? (and is this legal?)

If someone agrees to it then of course it is legal. People forget, you
can always just say no:) A lot of places (PC World et al) will only
return software if it has not been opened. Has anyone brought software
from a shop with a similar policy and wanted to return the product as
they do not accept the license? What was the response?

--
Timothy Coggins
http://www.sonicated.com/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk