[Gllug] Mail servers, was: [Gllug] I found this link

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sun Sep 23 20:31:30 UTC 2001

On Sunday 23 September 2001 17:48, you wrote:
> Heh.  Wossname Crispin, the UW IMAP developer, explains its dodgy
> support for subfolders by saying that he can't understand why people
> want anything other than a flat mail directory layout in the first
> place;)

Was that Mark Crispin? The same guy who made that comment about the MTA
network of the internet being forever 7-bit and how that would never ever
change?

I seem to recall a remark made in support of 8BITMIME and some fancy
file-mangling to protect the new-fangled 8-bit network from the lowly 7-bit
network...

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk