[Gllug] media files

Subba Rao subba9 at home.com
Sun Sep 23 19:16:46 UTC 2001

Hello again,

Now that I got some tools to play media (video) files, I went to search for
AVI, MOV and DVD files. The Web sites have very few files with any educational
or interesting media files. The Usenet sites have nothing but porn. How do I
block the porn media files? The caveat is that I would like to access usenet
server for some newsgroups in comp.* rec.* athome.* and misc.*. I access my
ISP's news server.

The main goal is to block the crut files from Usenet. They do have files that
pander to everyones desires.

What are the most effective practices to block such content from the Internet?

Thanks for any help and pointers.
--

Subba Rao
subba9 at home.com                     http://members.home.net/subba9/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk