[Gllug] Capturing telnet session

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Tue Sep 18 15:32:58 UTC 2001

On 18 Sep 2001 14:11:42 +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> I need to capture the results of a telnet session to a file,
> to download the configuration of some networking gear for
> a tech support call.
>
> Does anyone have good tips for how to do this?
> (If it is a built-in option in telnet I will cry)

No-one's mentioned screen yet, so I will; it seems a little
swiss-army-chainsaw in comparison to script, though.

Regardless, it has ^AH as a combo for starting/stopping a log to
'screenlog.n', and gets bonus points for being wonderful regardless of
logging facilities.

~C.

--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a