[Gllug] amongst the maddness

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 19:22:57 UTC 2001

* Jim Bailey (jim at lateral.net) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> amongst all the mildly amusing madness of pulling M$ flight sims, the new
> spiderman movie and Geri Halliwells its is raining men.  I spotted that
> Bush's boys and the rest of the authoritarian right are claiming Bin Laden
> is a heavy user of encryption software.  I doesn't take an MSCE to work
> this one out.  What ever has happened over the last few days and I do feel
> for people killed and maimed both physically and emotionally by this.  I
> do hope that this tragedy is not used by certain groups to push through
> their own selfish agendas.

Then you'd better not listen to ESR. He's really flipped this time.

 hacker Eric S. Raymond rained his thoughts like fresh water,
 revealing that those who "disarmed all the non-terrorists on
 those airplanes ... bear some moral responsibility"

So all this happened because all the passengers weren't allowed to carry
guns.

*shudder

Tom.
--