[Gllug] sorts of ports

Kieran Barry kieran at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 13:21:59 UTC 2001

On 1 Sep 2001, Jon Masters wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2001 13:43:14 +0100, Kieran Barry wrote:
>
> > Go to a good bookshop and browse "TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 2"
>
> Isn't that a little terse reading for his questions though? :)

Terse? Verbose? Anyway, I plead guilty.

> I got the feeling he wasn't after a life changing understanding of
> TCP/IP from the "Bible" but just wanted a slightly better understanding.

To be honest, either your answer or mine probably answers his questions
as well as most general books. Don't know about the rest of the list,
but I don't mind answering these sorts of questions. I was asking the
same questions a couple of years back.

> For that I personally would recommend a more "general" book.

As I said in my last post, YMMV. It seemed he was asking "How does my
modem talk to my web server" type questions. I gave a "this is a
networking stack" type answer.

I shall stick an "ICBW" in my .sig if you like.

Regards

Kieran
--
Remember: I could be wrong :)