[Gllug] sorts of ports

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sat Sep 1 13:35:23 UTC 2001

On 01 Sep 2001 14:21:59 +0100, Kieran Barry wrote:

jcm>> Isn't that a little terse reading for his questions though? :)

> Terse? Verbose? Anyway, I plead guilty.

lol.

> To be honest, either your answer or mine probably answers his questions
> as well as most general books. Don't know about the rest of the list,
> but I don't mind answering these sorts of questions. I was asking the
> same questions a couple of years back.

Exactly, me too. I remember writing my first client/server app in 1996
or something - that is the best way to learn how these things work :)

> I shall stick an "ICBW" in my .sig if you like.

Heh, I wasn't accusing you of being wrong, merely suggesting you were
too correct :P Still, the bible you suggested still doesn't have a home
on my bookshelf although I'm fed up with borrowing stuff like that so
I'll probably end up buying it myself now I have some money :)

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk