[Gllug] PSU fans

Paul Sheer psheer at icon.co.za
Thu Sep 6 21:44:35 UTC 2001

> >  > whole new PSU (seems a bit wasteful if this is so)

fans are quite expensice to buy standalone, but certainly cheeper
than a whole PSU.

taking the thing apart is easy. be sure to properly solder and
insulate the new fan wires. And check which way it rotates and
the facing of the blade curves BEFORE you take it apart.

most electronics hobby shops will have these fans.

-paul

> I don't know whether this is just me, but there is something about
> tinkering with power supplies that just doesn't sit right.. oh yes,
> that's it, it's because they can kill you :)
>
> Seriously, make sure you turn off that power supply at least a day before
> you're going to take a soldering iron to it in anger. They're much like
> TVs.. resident charge. Nasty voltages :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex.
>
> "Careful now" - Dougal, Fr. Ted.
>

> --

Paul Sheer Consulting IT Services . . . Tel . . . +27 21 761 7224
Email . . . psheer at icon.co.za . . . . . . Pager . . . 088 0057266
Linux development, cryptography, recruitment,  support,  training
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer . . . . http://rute.sourceforge.net
L I N U X . . . . . . . . . . . .  The Choice of a GNU Generation

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk