[Gllug] how to make squid and junkbuster co-operate?

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Sat Sep 22 10:19:08 UTC 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have both squid and junkbuster installed now, and I guess I should
> make squid go through junkbuster. But how do I do that? I could not find
> any option in /etc/squid.conf that I could figure out.

wrong way round mate.  you forward connections from junkbuster to
squid.  just run squid normally, no changes should be required, ( assuming
its all running on the same box).  then configure junkbuster, on my MDKc
you have to uncomment the 'forwardfile' option, if not done so already.
then make sure you have an entry in the forward file that looks something
like:
*               localhost:3128  .       .
( i just uncommented the last line in the file, as it was already there )

point your browser at :8000 and roberts your fathers brother.

-vince
( must now go and read up on dean.heckle.xml )

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk