[Gllug] 2Megs and a handfull of dollars

Axel Segebrecht alexander at smatrix.de
Mon Sep 10 17:39:52 UTC 2001

> Do you want DSL or a leased line?  Depends on what you want to do with it
> I suppose.  If you want DSL 2Mb, Easynet are meant to be good, and do 2Mb
> down, 256k up, with a /28 IP address block too, for around £120 a month.
> If you want something more grown up Level 3 will do you 2Mb symmetric over
> copper or fibre for a bit over a grand a month.  The one we had at my
> former employer's[0] came with a /24 address block, and the standard of
> service was reasonable - perhaps one or two half-hour outages in a year.
> Expect to pay ~£6k for installation.

DSL we will use for backup but I was looking for l3 over fibre.
6k seems alot - BT quoted 4k for a new circuit (west london area).
Just hope bw charges aren't too expensive... a grand a month is
a lot of dosh.

Anyway, we are not really doing ISP stuff (just for our own sites),
mainly VPN / Extranet.

Thanks for the ideas everyone :)
Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk