[Gllug] Job (I'm not a recruiter) :)

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 18:41:17 UTC 2001

The company I'm working for right now are looking to pick someone up (if
you know me you know who that is - I know recruiters watch this group so
I will say more only in private email). I've been doing the technical
interviews for the position and so far have been unimpressed, so I'm
throwing out a call to gllug, send me your CV if you're interested.

If you have the skills and are looking for work, send me email and I'll
tell you about the job - I don't want to say too much here.

We need someone with hardcore UNIX (esp. Solaris) configuration and
troubleshooting, very strong apache (tuning busy servers, maintaining
uptime, developing tools for the configuration of large numbers of
vhosts), good perl and shell scripting (including ksh I'm afraid), good
development/infrastructure skills, and some other things that would be
nice include java/J2EE/tomcat/EJB/oracle. We also dabble with XML, SNMP,
samba, DNS, and some other acronyms of joy.

The environment is basically a host of fun open source technologies
glued together with perl and java, running in a controlled chroot
environment on multiple servers around the world.

You won't be writing servlets or websites, you will be working on the
infrastructure that hosts these applications so you need some knowledge
of HTTP fundamentals, network infrastructure design, and preferably
low-level understanding of how the tools we use, especially apache.

Apologies for the job post but I really need someone decent to come and
work with me on this stuff :)p

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |