[Gllug] Short tutorials?

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Tue Sep 4 19:04:38 UTC 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, John Hearns wrote:

> By a short tutorial, I mean half an hour at maximum.
> The format I'm thinking of would be an expert speaker,
> maybe someone generous enough to provide handouts.
> And no audience participation, like the traditional GLLUG sessions.
> These sessions very definitely aimed at the beginner - the more knowlegeable
> audience being encouraged to stay at the bar.

sounds like a good idea ( the bar bit ), i remember richards talk, while
good, it was let down by those in the audience who understood the talk far
to well, and kept butting in with alternatives.

talks aimed at beginners should not be interupted, to much information to
soon is not necessarily the best thing.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk