[Gllug] Short tutorials?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Sep 4 16:59:50 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:44:33PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> maybe at the next GLLUG, or maybe at a Lonix we should have two SHORT
> tutorials.

YES!!!!

I did mention the Perl Conference like lightening talks before but got no
where with them. Allowing shorter talks would make it easier to write a
talk and hopefully allow more people to speak.

> And no audience participation, like the traditional GLLUG sessions.
> These sessions very definitely aimed at the beginner - the more knowledgeable
> audience being encouraged to stay at the bar.

Time them for the start of the event so the more experienced people can lay
in bed and getup even later? That way you can get there a little later for
the normal GLLUG stuff while the beginners can have somehting more focused
to them.

Also hows about (if we have a venue that permits space-wise) having two or
three hands on sessions running at the same time where its a lot less
formal with different people chipping in comments or just watching someone
do a physical walk through of some software or similar?

> Thoughts?

Seldom if ever.

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk