[Gllug] Whinge

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Sep 3 09:40:24 UTC 2001

On Friday, 31 Aug 2001, Dylan wrote:
>I'm a novice, myself - I have heard of Debian because I read about Linux
>before swapping over. I tried it, it crashed on first boot after install on
>one machine, and left me at a command line on the other - very encouraging.

Well, yes, a command line would be very encouraging. Hint; X is
optional - and if you think you need it to do anything at all, you are
not part of the technically literate audience for Debian.

>You should be spreading your 'wisdom',

You'll find that the people whinging are also people who provide
answers to technical questions - and don't quote upside down Outlook
style, to boot.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk