[Gllug] Star Office / Open Office killing X

George F Saxby george at burner.saltmine.net
Tue Sep 18 23:15:41 UTC 2001

Xander ,
Me too, for the last couple of hours I have tried to do the -net install it
hangs. A straight install is fine weird and when it hangs it is big time hit
the power and be damned time, keyboard mouse,X no other consoles available no
network in either the box "disappears" no ping nothing.
	The system is a very vanilla  Athlon 1Ghz , 20Gb h/d chaintech mobo, 256Mb
of ram. One thing I did notice on re-boot was that the machine suddenly
thought it only had 16Mb ram very odd. (yes I did swap out the ram chips just
in case.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk