[Gllug] Virgin ``Internet'' Cafes

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 23:49:43 UTC 2001

Gabriel Rocha wrote:

>,----[ On Sun, Sep 09, at 06:35PM, Darren Clark wrote: ]--------------
>| Perhaps we should have a list of any good internet cafe's that allow ssh.
>`----[ End Quote ]---------------------------
>
>If you need ssh that badly, install mindterm and bypass the whole "oh,
>my god! they dont allow cooections to port 22" problem. All things
>considered, if you ran an internet cafe for the masses, wouldnt you do
>precisely what they are doing? I would, I might make exceptions on the
>spot(which I assume they cant do), but I wouldnt allow the traffic out
>by default. By the way, mindterm really rocks, precisely for this
>purpose. Just my two cents. --Gabe

I can  understand running a proxy, especially  if your trying to get a
reputation for being able to surf websites fast, why waste bandwidth
downloading a page like google.com when you could have  it cached,
however theres a very big difference between using a proxy by  default
or using a transparent proxy, and completely blocking all connections
that dont go through the proxy.  Thats not providing a service thats
screwing people.

Did you get a refund?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk