[Gllug] microsoft its not our fault honest gov

George F. Saxby george at gogointernet.co.uk
Sat Sep 15 11:29:38 UTC 2001

Someone said that driving lessons should be stopped because someone got
killed by a car. That is EXACTLY what our government did over hand guns. !!
	I have carried a gun all my life simply because the world can be & is an
ugly place it is NOT like little puddling in the marsh UK.
	I travel a great deal & I resent the fact the UK government has put my life
at risk by not allowing me to stay sharp with my guns when I am not at home.
	I am a born Englishman and like most of you thought the rest of the world
was like the England  until I found my self and family threatened. I solved
simply because I am a long time martial artist, but after that day I went
with something more convincing than my bare hands as I knew I had been VERY
lucky.
	Would I use it yes if I or my family were in danger as has been shown on 4
as a civilian, occassions in the past.

On Friday 14 September 2001 23:23, your missive said : -
 > Tushar Joshi wrote:
 > >>
 > >>[MS Flight Sim taken off shelves because of allegations that WTC
 > >>pilots trained on it.]

 > >>No. I mean, this is beyond absurd - even if it was true, that would
 > >>hardly justify yanking the game.
 > >>
 > >>I could murder someone by driving a car into them (and probably only
 > >>get 6 months for causing death by dangerous driving, but that's
 > >>another issue). We'd better ban driving lessons!
 > >>
 > >>[Also, why Microsoft in particular? Other people do accurate flight
 > >> sims.]
 > >
 > >I think you are missing the point here. They removed the Microsoft flight
 > >sims off the shelf because they weren't accurate and if you had learnt to
 > >fly a plane using the software you would most likely crash it. As per
 > >Tuesday.
 > >
 > >Tushar
 >
 > Yes, real planes don't have "What to do when you get a  BSOD at
 > 20,000ft" in the instruction manual.

cu
george
East of London Airport the world's busiest Airport
West of the World Famous Kew botanical Gardens & Steam Museum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk