[Gllug] "We Linux users have been doing all that for 10 years."

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Sep 28 10:10:48 UTC 2001

On Fri 28 Sep, Bruce Richardson made the following spurious claims:

> Though I suspect another
> reason was that all those arseholes in red braces wouldn't tolerate
> being anything less than a "power user".

Terminology problem.  You mean Administrator user.  A "power user" is
someone who takes advantage of more obscure features and knows their
way around better than the average user.  As distinct from "guru".

I would not tolerate not having Administrator rights on an NT/2k
system either.  You can't do anything without it!

I used to work at a place where they'd locked down all the machines.
You couldn't even change the time!  Of course they weren't running NTP
or anything useful like that so the clocks were up to 20 minutes out.
Made using Outlook/Exchange to schedule meetings absolutely useless
because some people would turn up 10 minutes early, some 10 minutes
late.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net