[Gllug] ftp with xinetd on RH7.1

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Sep 30 12:05:02 UTC 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 10:32:38PM +0200, matthew at marbit.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
> All,
>
> Where is ftp configured when using xinetd? It isn't under the /etc/xinetd.d directory like all other network services.

Which ftp server are you using?  Most of them do not run out of
xinetd/inetd - at least not by default.  Since on a Red Hat system the
rpm for an app/service will install it's own default file to
/etc/xinet.d/, I would guess that either you do not have an ftp server
installed or the server you have installed does not run from
/etc/xinet.d.

If you do want to run an ftp server from xinetd, you will likely have to
add the configuration file yourself.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.