[Gllug] new Debian install

matthew at marbit.freeserve.co.uk matthew at marbit.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 20:37:32 UTC 2001

All,

Installed Potato onto a Libretto with the minimum trouble - Red Hat didn't want to BTW.

However I have neglected to select some modules and would like telnet and ftp functionality. I have a network connection to a Linux box and a Windows box.

Could someone please explain in terms simple enough for me to understand how I install this functionality?

Also, where do you tell Lynx to use a proxy for net access?

Matt

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only £12.99 per month.
Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk