[Gllug] ulimits

Ian Norton bredroll at dsh.org.uk
Sun Sep 2 02:05:47 UTC 2001

I was thinking,

you could have something do 'ps -aux' every 120 sec or so and interperet its
output, if root all processes will be seen, and thier cpu/ram usage%.

it could add it all up and if user 'fred' owns a process over say 40% cpu then
that process will get reniced to really priority.

i only thought about this quickly and mentally just wrote a perl solution in
my head for it.

maybe we could start a project on it? sourceforge anyone?

bredroll

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk