[Gllug] NFS mounts and shared directories

gllug at codex.net gllug at codex.net
Mon Sep 10 12:45:08 UTC 2001

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Dylan wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> three queries:
>
> A) I've got a DVD drive on a server which I have set up over NFS to manually
> mount (fstab entry):
>
> host:/dvd	/dvd	nfs	ro,user,suid,dev,exec,noauto,async 0 0
>
> then a desktop link to mount from client machine. Is there a way of
> auto-unmounting the drive when the user logs out?

if your using the automount(er), then i think what you could do, is create
a symlink from /net/{nfs.server.hostname}/dvd to /dvd

that way it gets auto matically mounted upon request, and after a while of
non use gets unmounted.

oh, this requires setting up the automount maps properly.

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk