[Gllug] uklinux / pop3 help needed

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Sep 24 19:45:42 UTC 2001

On Monday 24 September 2001 18:43, you wrote:
> With uklinux, is this possible? I have upgraded so I should be able to
> connect to pop3.uklinux.net from a different account. But would I just
> use the domain name and password which would download all usernames? I
> want to be able to download say fred at sample.uklinux.net to one machine
> and alice at sample.uklinux.net from another.

This would be vaguely possible using filters and conditional DELE, except
that on uklinux there's no way to tell the envelope recipient. Basically, if
I bcc: something to you (at fred at sample.uklinux.net, for example) there's no
way you'd be able to tell that's who I sent it to. The nearest you could get
would be if fred at .. was in To:. This is the reason qmail has Delivered-To:.

Shame really :(

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk